Friday, March 6, 2009

The face of changes


From Another face of Haiti
The road of life can take you to different directions. You can decide where you’re going to, you can lose your destination or you can stick on your itinerary till you reach the final destination. But sometimes, you start a trip without being aware of the journey. Those trips take you to exciting places, to some great adventures or just help you discover who you are or what is your reason of being. Those trips don’t only happen on the road, you make them mentally, you make them in your work environment, you make them in your dreams or you just don’t know if you’re traveling.

I’ve been traveling almost all my life: from my native village to the closest town, from this town to the capital and from the capital to overseas. It takes me as many trips to understand what keeps me traveling and moving. I’ve seen it many times, it’s visible and tangible. It is all about changes and it is “changes”.

Changes in my life but mostly changes in the life of people I’m working with. I’ve worked with a lot of people and the more I work with them the more changes I’ve seen. They work with a lot of people, the more they transfer what they learn, the more they create changes in others’ life too. My profession selects me, I didn’t choose it. It takes me some time to realize why I keep doing it without ever thinking about changing. Now I realize “changes” again boost me to change others’ future.

The changes are visible and tangible. During my short life trip, I’ve seen “changes” in the performance of this Field Agent whom I met some months ago who have not felt confident to talk and now who brings hopes for millions of women in the middle of nowhere in Africa. I’ve seen changes in the face of those women who were afraid of money, who were so shy months ago and now who dare ask for a big loan and discuss about how to solve their own problems. I’ve seen “changes” in those organizations which serves these women when they believe more and more in the fundamental role they can play to change life of millions poor people. I’ve seen changes in the way that I think about changes.

I know that those “changes” change me too. They change the way I’m trying to help people to change their life. They change the way I’m trying to listen and understand the way they want to change their life. The dynamic of changes need people who are opening to “change” and to learn. The greatest changes help others to self-help and increase their self-confidence to keep traveling in the road of changes.

There is no border in the road of changes if not the limit of our creativity. There is no border in the road of changes if not our lack of commitment to provoke changes. Everyone can make this trip and take others to this trip. There is no greater experience than working or living in an environment where you can experiment changes. What if each of us commits to help improve life of another or commit to help as many as we can change take control of their future? Changes will change face and will change our way of life to create more changes. What does it take? It takes us to see the world with the lens of changes! It takes us to change ourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great text, Edouine! Should I also add ''changes'' in the performance of the team/ colleagues you've trained!!!! Thanks for everything!

    Mafleur

    ReplyDelete